hi gina

it's great to see you back!

you wrote, in part:
>... I am so sorry that my being knocked off
>power dropped the List Talk by about 40%. I
>tried to get my daughter to e-mail for me but
>she could only do a few.  I am sure my "Banter"
>was missed (OH Yes) ...

i, for one,  missed your banter and your quips!
got any?

>... I talked to my new doctor Neuro in Chicago
>today, I called about 12:00AM EST and she
>called me at around 1:00PM EST.  I was floored,
>1.  She called me back even within an hour, and
>2. She made a decision right on the shot.  It's
>my legs/ankles/feet, still giving me problems.  They
>are getting better but not yet.  They feel and look
>horrible. Only problem is we decrease the Permex
>and I start back shaking worse again.  So, if it
>continues to get worse, the Sinemet will be increased
>to compensate. Is this a never ending struggle?  Will
>it always be battle between this symtom or this side
>effect?  I don't mind so much if that is what will happen,
>I just would like to be prepared...

it seems to me that any time a list family member
has had symptoms like swollen ankles, permax was involved
so i think your new doc has it right
i'm really pleased for you

and, yes, 'fine-tuning' is extremely important
it doesn't have to be a battle or a struggle, but it's a fact of life
when we are dealing with our own brain chemistry

i think the best advice i ever received was from my diagnosing neuro
he advised making any med additions or changes 'low and slow'
e.g. take a week or more to adjust a med doseage by a bit
instead of just a couple of days

>...  But I am me, I am Gina or Regina, or Sparki and
>a good friend, a good wife, mother and whatever else
>you wish to call me.  But I am not "Gina with Parkinson's
>Disease".  I am Gina who makes Angels from scratch,
>jewelry, a cook, a good listner, whatever and oh by the
>way, I have Parkinson's Disease....

absolutely!
you are still essentially the same person you were pre-pd,
and so am i, and so are all our other parkie siblings

but i also see pd as a test that i've been given
to learn from and to grow with
and i fully intend to pass
with flying colours

>... I made a few mistakes this last go round, due to
>ignorance, non-compliance, anger and I was enjoying
>you all.  Well, not all but the ther parts of the list that
>enjoy the comical events.  I think (I hope) I know the
>correct way to send my messages now...

in my humble opinion
you didn't make any mistakes 'this last go around'
and i'm positive that a goodly portion of the enjoyment was mutual

you can please some of the people some of the time, etc.

>...between now and then about 10 days ago, I feel
>so much better. Emotionally, and my sleep is returning
>I am no longer posting in the middle of the night to people.
>I do not know what I said in those and am sorry for these
>mindless posts.  I mean mind less.  I kept saying things
>about my memory going.  Well, I seem to have, with the
>help of a wonderful doc found the help I needed. To some
>who no longer post to me due to those posts, please give
>me a 2nd chance.  ...

the brain chemistry fine tuning that we all have to become experts at
applies to emotional and psychological symptoms
as well as physical
but we tend to be a bit more comfortable with the latter
possibly to the detriment of the former

>... I did not realize that there was a limit to posts...

i'm not sure where you got this idea from
i'm quite sure that you are mistaken in this

you can please some of the people some of the time...
and that's what this is all about!

love

janet