Bruce,
   Let me say at the onset of this posting that:
     ! it is strange being on the same side of the fence as you
       but it feels OK and I thank you for yesterdays posting but
       wish it had been made available last week. THANKS

     2 it is not Mr Blatz  nor the company he represents that
       was out of place these past few weeks but rather us who                     were on vacation. How does that old expression go?
       "We have meet the enemy and they are us"

     3 personally I will thank Mr Blatz for his willingness
       to appear in front of us and for his reminding  me
       that I had best be better prepared for future
       conversations with him and his peers.Of course I know
       he is being paid for it.

     4 that there is very little about the list,itself,that
       troubles me. I wouldn't change it at all. I can delete
       with the best of us.
   But  List members are another story. I don't have a quarrel
      with any individual {including Ivan to whom I wish the
      best of luck when he meets Senator Susan Collins health
      aide, Sara Holmbom, ].It's my opinion that we just missed
      the boat with regard to Mr. Blatz's visit. He and his
      company and hundreds of others companies and related
      foundations hold the key to millions of dollars of
      potential direct service money or/and to the Lobby
      Industry. Has anyone asked them a question about $$$ and
      PD? I'm sure they must have but I cannot recall the event.
        Instead we sit around discussing the wisdom of one
      individual setting up a $ 50,000,000 research operation.
      I don't think he is going to ask for a show of hands.
        Has any one noticed the number of times we hear the
      story of someone in their late 30ies-early 40ies whose
      lives have either been markedly changed or destroyed
      by their PD. Why not send them and their broken
      families to Washington and let the politicians see this
      side of PD. No old Folks here, just our younguns and their
      younguns. Couldn't regional groups meet to plan an event,
      develop a grant, perhaps with Mr. Blatx assistance and
      descend on Washington
         You say that it is too late for that kind of large
      scale action with a vote at hand but I'll tell you for
      certain that YOU WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR.A $100,000,000
      may seem like a lot of money but with so many hands
      extended it is grossly underfunded. We will take the
      money but plan on a return to DC
         All for now
           george