<<
 If anybody has recommendations on how to appeal this I would very much
 appreciate hearing your ideas.

Mike,
There is a time for one top try political help in getting what is
appropriately "earmarked."  Our present difficulties lead us to holler uncle
before we are really incapable of doing things simply because other  folks
will not cooperate with us.  That is where your US Representative comes in.
Call his/her office and request help.  The politician in him/her will spring
into action (these folks love to be a defender of the ill). and he/she will
help you in ways not  open to any lawyer.  Just make certain that you have
thought about your story (why you can no longer make a living) and have a
history of your disease handy.

Regards,
WHH 55/19
PS: you might also use the opportunity to ask if he will support funding the
Mo (PL 105-78).