Waterloo has the equivalent of MA and PHD programme in Rhetoric--Comp
(notice the switching of terms here).

We offer enough courses in Rhetoric, Critical Linguistics and Composition
Theory and Pedagogy that MA and Doctoral students can construct an
equivalent degree for themselves.  We have dissertations emerging in the
area: ie the rhetoric of banking; the rhetoric of mediation; the rhetoric of
Indian Affairs etc. Some empirical studies of the classroom are also emerging.

Our students also have a great deal of teaching experience prior to
graduation (as both dependent and independent instructors).

I also consider that both SFU and the MCGill-Carleton connection offer a MA
and PHD equivalent to a Rhet-Composition program.  Certainly I always
recommend those two programs to graduate students who come to consult me.

I also believe that UBC is again moving in this direction--certainly their
new appointment suggests this direction.  But I am sure that Judy can
provide more information on this one.

At 10:05 AM 9/22/98 -0400, ROBERTA LEE wrote:
>    I think I should already know this--but what Canadian
>universities have Master's and PhD programmes in Comp-Rhetoric?  Or
>anything comparable by other names?
>    Thanks. Needinfo. for several students.
>    Roberta Lee
>

>Supervisor, Writing Centre