>Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 15:06:24 -0700
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Judy Segal <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: job posting at UBC
>
>Following are details of the UBC rhetoric job.  I have sent messages
via
Anthony because I seem unable to send messages to CASLL.  Anyone can,
however, write to me <[log in to unmask]>.

>The Department of English seeks to fill a position in Language and/or
Rhetoric, with strong emphasis on the theory and practice of Writing, at
the level of Assistant Professor beginning 1 July 1999.  The successful
candidate will have active research and teaching experience with
academic
writing at all levels of the curriculum and knowledge of interactive
technologies and their applications to pedagogy and research in Writing.
Experience with interdisciplinary and cross-cultural teaching and
research
is also an asset.  The successful candidate will be expected to have the
intellectual breadth and flexibility that the Department increasingly
needs
as it moves in new directions.  The requirements are a completed PhD, a
commitment to scholarship reflected in publications and
work-in-progress,
and teaching experience at the post-secondary level.  This position is
subject to funding, and salary will be commensurate with qualifications
and
experience.  With their letter of application, applicants should send a
current c.v. and a writing sample, and arrange for three letters of
reference to be forwarded to Dr. Sherrill Grace, Head, Department of
English, University of British Columbia, 397-1873 East Mall, Vancouver,
BC
V6T 1Z1.  Complete apaplications must be received by 15 November 1998.