Sorry for cross-posting this reminder.:-)

MEDIEVAL CONGRESS, KALAMAZOO , 6-9 MAY 1999

SESSION SPONSORED by The Medieval and Renaissance Drama Society [MRDS]

MRDS will sponsor one session on EARLY DRAMA AND THE CELTIC WORLD at the
medieval congress in Kalamazoo, MI, 6-9 May 1999.

In this session we hope to explore the variety of early dramatic and
paradramatic forms (including but not limited to carnivals, processions,
parish festivals, etc.) which arose in the Celtic areas of the
world--Wales, Brittany, Cornwall, Galicia, the  Isle of Man, Ireland,
etc.--and to investigate connections between the drama of these regions and
drama of non-Celtic areas. We invite proposals from scholars working on the
Celtic areas as well from those interested in comparing and/or contrasting
Celtic drama to better-known English and/or other Continental drama.
Emphases on any aspects of medieval or Renaissance dramatic texts,
cultures, and production are welcome.

Please send your abstracts (max. 250 words) by September 15 to the address
below or respond via clearly addressed fax or by e-mail. Please note that
the address for MRDS secretary Jesse Hurlbut is provided in the official
call for papers catalogue. Abstracts sent to his address will also be
considered, but the address below is preferred for expediency.

Thank you.
Dr. Gloria Betcher
Dept. of English
Iowa State University