I just finished putting together some of my poetry, along with a short
letter relating my "YOPD" story, which I am going to send off to Oprah.  I
figured I'd keep my letter brief, as my poetry says alot in itself what
living with pd is like.  Maybe some other YOPDer's (or not so YOPDer's, just
PDer's in general), who have written some poetry (I know that many of you
have), might also want to send her copies of yours.  It would certainly be a
unique way to garner attention, and because of that, it might just work.

How about getting some TV show, daytime or nighttime (maybe 90120 or Friends
- now that'd be something!  Imagine that!), to incorporate a character into
their storyline or a single episode (depending on the show format), who is a
YOPDer?  Any one have any ties to TV execs?  As many people are ignorant of
the fact that there are YOPDer's to begin with (I count myself in that
category, prior to my forced enlightenment), just having that fact more
available would help increase public's awareness.  I would imagine, due to
pd's incurable and progressive aspect, that a show probably wouldn't do it
(PD) to a main/popular character.  Come to think of it, maybe I'll send
similar copies of my package for Oprah, to some of the writers for the shows
I just mentioned (if I can track them down).  If anyone knows of addresses,
please let me know.  In the meantime, I'll surf the 'net for info.

Wendy Tebay