Ofcourse there is always the possibility that people who are socially
less-skilled and somewhat depressed to begin with turn to the Internet for
an environment in which they are more comfortable and can gain some relief
from depression.  Minimally, it's time to question your actions if you are
spending more time on the internet and enjoying it less.

>I read an article in yesterday's paper about how surfing the 'net can cause
>depression.  Supposedly, they tested a bunch of people using some standard
>test for rating a person's level of depression and the more time a person
>spent on the 'net per week, the higher they scored on the depression scale.
>I can believe it's true, to some extent.  They were talking about how,
>despite the fact that the 'net is interactive and it allows people from all
>over with similar interests to socialize, etc., that it also resulted in
>them spending less time with their families and otherwise real physical
>socializing.
>
>Wendy

-Ken Aidekman

Visit the Parkinson's Unity Walk website:  www.parkinsonwalk.org