It has been suggested that those of us who have been around a while send in
a brief biography for the benefit of more recently joined list members.
Here is mine.

Dennis Greene, age 48; age when diagnosed, 37;

Married to Jo; we have 2 daughters, aged 18 and 11.

Residence - Perth, Western Australia.

PD info:  Type - B (i.e. I experience rigidity and bradykinesia but little
tremor ).  In April 1997 I had a pallidotomy to counteract the extreme
dyskinesia and pronounced "on/off" syndrome I was then experiencing.  The
operation was a success but not before it had to be repeated a week later as
the surgeon was unable on the 1st attempt to locate the correct spot to
place the lesion.  It appears that my brain structure is unusual, a fact
that came as no surprise to many of my family and friends.   Since the
operation my dyskinesia is greatly reduced, but despite an early
improvement, I still have problems with the "on/off" syndrome.

I joined this list in October 1996.  My homepage is part of the PD webring
and is located at < http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/ >.  Visitors
will find, along with the usual family pages, some sections devoted to PD,
and I have recently added a section (entitled "Parking Spaces") in which I
have collected some of my musings on the subject of living with PD.

I look forward to a world without PD - and if I get very lucky I might even
get to live in it for a while.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/11

"It is better to be a crystal and be broken,
Than to remain perfect like a tile upon the housetop."