Dear Bill Turenne,

           5:20 AM  Portland, Maine 9/4/98 URGENT Bulletin / Immediate
Response Requested

   Thank you for keeping us well-posted about breaking news about the
Udall bill. Your efforts are very useful and helpful to us all.

   I have just read your response to Gerry (attached below) about today's
Senate Appropriations Committee action.

   With sincere disappointment, I  respectfully ask that you try to
understand how distressing your suggestion to Gerry, of waiting, and
watching what the Senate does today,  feels, at least to me.  I do not
know if you are a person suffering from Parkinson's, or a family member
or caregiver, in addition to your paid NPF lobbying/advocacy job.

   But as a person with Young Onset Parkinson's (this dreadful disease
began when I was 37}, the idea of WAITING  and WATCHING feels very
unsettling to me, especially at this CRITICAL time of Senate discussion
of the Udall Act's possible funding.

   Bill, I feel that faxing, telephoning, e-mailing, writing,
telegramming and ALL forms of messages to ENCOURAGE and BUILD a consensus
for EARMARKING funds for the unfunded Udall act, would build a stronger
basis for each Senator who feels that the Udall funding cannot wait any
longer!

   Years of pain and at times, desperation, especially as a Young Onset
parkinson's sufferer with a potentially limited lifespan, have taught me
that if we are quiet, we lose a growing momentum that has taken 5 years
to build. I think that our wave is just about to crest.

   So, dear friend, I respectfully submit that you are leaning "against
the tide."

   I sincerely hope you will reconsider what you have posted to Gerry,
and let us know how you feel.
Your response would be very helpful to all of us.

   Yours very sincerely,

   Ivan Suzman 48/12

  Founder, greater Portland (Maine) Parkinson's Support Group
  Member, New England Committee to Pass the Udall Bill

  Portland, Maine

^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman         48/12         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine    Land of lighthouses    67   deg. F  humid