Dear M. Dawn:

I have been diagnosed with PD for almost 3 yrs.  I am taking 9 mg.
requip/day.  I believe very strongly in your assessment that emotions are
directly linked to the presentation of PD related symptoms.  The feature
about PD that most people either do not know, or refuse to allow, is that it
is a singularly unique disease to each individual who is afflicted.  There
are quite a few combinations of factors which may or may not operate on the
presentation of symptoms at any given time.  1. the individual's emotional
state is critical.  the autonomic nervous system is an integral part of an
individual's response to stimuli (either from inside or outside the
individual), 2. PWPs can, like anybody else, have less vulnerable and more
vulnerable moments throughout a day, or a month, or any cycle of time,
3. medication reacts differently on PWPs, and may also react differently on
the same individual at different times of the day, or year or any cycle of
time. 4. the emotional component of this disease which is caused by either
the physical lack of dopamine production, or the agony of the process of
acceptance is extremely difficult to  track, although no less a reality.
These are only a few of the factors which contribute to the situation you
describe.  A very wise lady told me at the start of this painful journey
that it would be I, myself, who would have to teach those around me, both my
supporters and antagonists, about the realities of this disease.  I find it
offensive that there are  people on the planet who would question  my
interpretation of the reality of my disease.  I.e. that they would say "Well
I know someone who has PD and he doesn't  (whatever - mind walking, shake,
feel bad about it, etc. etc. !!!!!!!!!!) "
However, that, too is the reality we have to live with.  I applaud your
persistence.
Rock on!   Barbara Rager