I have found that Stress works in a delayed way with me.
As I'm certain everyone knows ,who has been on this list
for several years, my office mate of 2.5 years murdered his
girlfriend last year.  I received a subpoena about a month ago to go to
court for the defense on Sept. 9th.  So far I haven't felt
any increase of stress symptoms, but after Wed. and the
court date, I'm certain I'll fall apart.
 I have also found out that increasing my meds doesn't help,
in fact, IMOHO, I think it makes me worse.

What I have noticed in the past 10 years with Stress and PD is:

1.  There is a delayed reaction time, and eventually I'll notice I
     have lost the ability to do one more "Finely coordinated acts"
    This is permanent and there is no reprieve from it.

2.   Two years ago, when my colon ruptured and I spent
      several months in a nursing home, I really thought
      my PD had gone away.  But I found out that it hadn't,
      nor did it come back with a vengeance, it just rather took
      a back seat to the seriousness of the new illness.
       For which I was eternally grateful, can you imagine
      having both going on full blast at the same time???

3.   I am very hard-headed, have been all my life, and
       a number of years ago I decided that I was going to
       take PD to the grave with me, not let PD lead the way.

4.   I'm still a full time reference librarian. I think its important
      to have things you have to accomplish each day. It makes
      you get up and get going no matter how you feel.

5.   I made a promise to myself to do the best I'm able to do,
      with whatever resources I have been given,
       in Slang terms:  You might just as well laugh, it ain't going
       to get any funnier!!!!!

As Ever,
Marjorie Moorefield
just another librarian, with PD