In a message dated 9/6/98 11:53:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Could someone who knows better than I do Kees Paap's involvement with PD
 matters and past importance to this List please explain him to the current
 group - as a way, perhaps,  of explaining why we should value his opinions
 on the things he just opined on?

 The crew of "missing " members he listed is an eye-opener...

I joined this list in November of 1996. At that time Kees was a resident of
Holland and had just reported to us with respect to his support groups
sailing vacation. Kees was one of the more active members of the European
Community on the list.

Kees and I became embroiled in a dispute brought about by a mutual
misunderstanding because of language interpretation.

Later Kees came for a back backing tour of the US which was organized by
several PD people in the US including Margaret Tuchman. His tour was organized
to arrive in Washington DC to coincide with the Pan Forum.

It was my pleasure to escort Kees with me as we called on several Congressman
. It was a great opportunity for Kees to see first hand the operation of our
government. During his Travels in the US Kees met  a lovely young lady in
Texas and the meeting resulted in their marriage.

Kees has often spoken out of his desire to bring the awareness level of PD to
the international community which would then work in a joint effort to find a
cure.

Most recently Kees and Faye attended the Pittsburg dinner Honoring Senator
Spectar and at which Mohammed Ali was present.

Kees is a person with PD just like the rest of us and nothing more need  be
said.

I to miss the members Kees named but also miss Just another Liberian and DR.
Charles Meyer who have been absent from the list recently.

 Gradually this disease robs us of our ability to continue to communicate so
make the most of this list while you are able.

Dale Severance