I think all of us PWPs feel comfortable enough with our own experiences
to offer suggestions without feeling that we are prating medicine.  6
months ago I was taking 25/100 Sinemet 5x/day (1/2 tablet) as well as
eldepryl and when I experienced quite a bit of dyskinesia, my neuro
promptly put me on permax and I was able to reduce my sinemet a little
bit.

I think we all should be careful about jumping into new medications
because the side-effects are often so horrendous, but someone as unhappy
as you sound should have the opportunity to try some of the new things
out there.  I would discuss this again with my neuro and if he doesn't
have good reasons for not trying the new medications, I would try a new
neuro.

I hope this helps