Hello gang: I'd like to help get us some more exposure, but I'm afraid
that my claim to fame is that at one time I lived with Dan Fogelburg's
brother and that Josh Taylor (soap star) is from my home town. Come to
think of it, Josh Taylor made alot of local headlines when he endorsed
and participated in the John Keets march For Aids. Maybe... I'll try. In
the meantime, if everyone would go to
http://oprah.com     there is a place where you can e-mail her
producers. I have sent two rather lengthy posts urging them to do a show
about the changing face of Parkinson's. Maybe, if we turned up the
volume (so to speak!) and several hundred of us wrote in... I have also
e-mailed Michael J Fox (where do I get my nerve at 2:30 am?) and asked
if it may be possible that he could have PD. I told him about the
wonderful people & support available if-heaven forbid-that were the
case. I haven't heard back from him or the show. I also wanted to let
Dennis know that I cried when I read his wife's presentation about his
chair collapsing & a man showing concern by trying to help. All I can
say is how much the "mask"
can hurt;strangers especially who don't have a clue. Also, sometimes it
is harder on the people who love us to watch us go through these painful
experiences. I remember the look on my husband's face as he watched the
doctor shoot the needle into my forehead when they were putting the halo
on in preparation for my pallidotomy. His face spoke volumes! Also,
welcome back aboard Gina-what are you & George cooking up? I'd like to
be in on it, too.

--
---
Joan Snyder  (47/8) "Do or do not. There is no try."Yoda