  Dear Edie and many other friends,

  It's 330 A.M. Here is a brief update on today's TV appearance,  which I
am scheduled to make, playing golf for a CURE for Parkinson's Disease.

  Today, Tuesday Sept 8, I expect to hear from Dave Eid, the Sports News
Director for CBS-TV's Portland station, WGME-TV. Dave has PD going on in
a member of his own family..  I talked to Barb, one of the sports
commentators, on the phone, Sunday evening, Sept. 6th, and she told me
that Dave is considering setting up a "line-feed" NATIONWIDE. I hope that
he does this.

  It seems a "line-feed" allows a local broadcast to be sent out (over a
modem line??) to any other CBS TV station. WGME-TV is 207 797-9330.
Sports news is 207 797-9099.

   Even  when no line-feed is set up, the videotaped sports news segment
to be filmed at Riverside Golf Course later today can still be requested
by any CBS TV station for broadcast in your local area.  If you call your
local CBS TV stations, and request the Sports Editor to get the story
aired, this will help all of us PWP's.

    The National Weather Service forecast from Gray, Maine calls for
scattered showers both today and tomorrow, with temperatures cooling to
the 60's..  Because this is to be an OUTDOOR film shoot, there is some
uncertainty as to whether the weather will allow the golf course shots to
be completed this afternoon.

  After I talk with Dave Eid, I will post a further update.

   Darwin and Hilary have already jumped in to be my biographer--as Barb
Mallut would say--"GEEZ!"
Meanwhile, keep your golf posts coming--the more locations that write me,
the bigger the story I can build about us to Dave Eid, and the more
support he would then have to set up a line-feed for this unique
Parkinson's golfing adventure.

   As Maryhelen Davila posted, this opportunity could not come at a
better time to increase awareness, and help us all push for full funding
of the Udall Act, now under careful consideration in Congress.

   Ivan Suzman   48/12  :-)

^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman         48/12         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine    Land of lighthouses  64  deg. F