HI Rose,

I am using Sinemet 25/100, Sinemet 25/100 CR, Eldepryl and Tasmar.

I have excerpted your comment on Sinemet.

Can you please explain how it made Bob "very ill"(exactly which
side-effects), and also,
which dose schedule he was on when it made him ill?

Did he take whole, crushed, chewed or  liquified Sinemet?

Was it nausea?  Stomach pains?

Was he ill after swallowing Sinemet CR, or plain (non-CR) Sinemet?

What tablet strength was he using?

It seems to me that 20 mg of Eldepryl a day could CAUSE the
teeth-clacking--after all, Eldepryl breaks down into a
methamphetamine-like product.  Too much can cause anxiety and
sleeplessness, and loss of appetite...so at least for me, 10 mg per day
is what works best for me at this point.

So I also wonder if the anti-anxiety tablet (Zanax) is medicating an
excess of Eldepryl....and if so, a reduction of Eldepryl might help.

Rose, last question--does Bob tell you, or do you notice, any dizziness
or "spaciness" from Artane?
A member of our local Portland, Maine support group only discovered,
after NINE years of Artane, that it put her husband in "limbo."  He is
off Artane, and has returned to normal--she says, "I got my husband
back!"

Ivan :-)
^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman         48/12         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine    Land of lighthouses   64   deg. F

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998 21:34:23 EDT Rose Rowton <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>My husband is 58 diagnosed with PD in 1995,  besides the arm tremors
>he now
>has severe jaw tremors which are driving him crazy.
>tremors.
(SNIP)
  He is not on Sinemet because it made him very ill.  We