Dear Craig,
I appreciate  you motives, but I take issue with some of the things you
say.

Craig Mellinger wrote:

> Ivan.I have a thought. We are trying to educate the general public as to
> how terrible
> an affliction it is.

We are trying to educate the public, Yes. But not  how terrible an
affliction it is, rather what terrible things this affliction does to
us.   If the world can see Ivan, struggling against his affliction, to
do something that for other people is natural and normal, then they will
realise what a terrible affliction PD is, far more graphically than if
they see a picture of some nonagenarian sitting in a wheel chair.

 I wonder if showing people how good a golfer you
> are will end up
> doing a disservice to some of us who would consider just to get up from
> chair and take a small walk without fear of falling down a major
> effort.I can almost hear the devils advocate saying.that pd can't be so
> bad if his guy can still shoot a round of golf or express him /herself
> in some other negative manner.

The thing is, Ivan will be showing how good a golfer he WAS. He is not
that good a golfer any more. The will is there, the talent is there, but
the physical control has gone. Yet he is out there, against the odds,
doing what he can, trying not to give up, showing , very poignantly, how
this once upon a time athlete is struggling with his disability, not
willing to give up, lose the battle, even tho he knows he is losing the
war - UNLESSS THERE IS A CURE!!!!

Where are the pwp's with the     the
> shakes,or the person who's voice is stilled  and the hand that once was
> an example
> of the Parker Penmanship method now reduced to an illegible scrawl.

Look around you. They are on all the publicity shots.  On the covers of
the Handbooks.  They are the present face of PD. It's time that was
changed. We have to fiht for our rights, and we can't do that by giving
in to our disabilities. We have to go on living, and if that means
getting into a wheelchair so that  we can do the supermarket shopping
ourselves - or take  our daughters to the mall, or  go with out of town
guests to the Smithsonian  - well, I call that fighting back not giving
in. And I call the efforts that Ivan is making to bring PD into tbe
public arena - nothing short of heroic, and deserving of the highest
praise and more than that, deserving of our total  commitment and
support!

Well
> I don't mean to be a party pooper  but some times things just have to be
> said. Craig 60/2

You said your say, I said mine!

Hilary Blue (49/16)