Don, you should not let it bother you if people are jerks and laugh at the
cart.  They should be ashamed of themselves!  We have one more thing in
common, we do projects that other people call up someone and have it done.  I
installed a whole central air conditioning system in my old house, ducts,
wiring, A/C unit, etc.  I know you were in the construction business, so you
DO know what you are doing.  Hope you don't mind I was teasing about you
climbing on the roof because you had a couple of drinks.  I am a believer in
doing what feels good, as long as no one gets hurt, I think a little alcohol
can be a good thing.  Too much can cause problems, but too much of almost
anything, can cause problems!  Sorry your roof has a hole, but I have an idea:
if it is in a good location for a skylight window, why not just put one in and
save money on replastering and roof repair, to pay for the skylight?
I know a guy who put in two skylights to solve leak, and made it look like
they belonged where he put them!  Also be nice to Vivian, so she won't let go
of the rope when you are too high!  LOL. [log in to unmask]