Nancy Shlaes wrote:
> I met a woman at a picnic last week who told me that she received
> botulism (!) shots every three months for her PD symptoms - in her
> Anybody know anything about this?  I find it hard to believe,
> but........

It's true! Botulinum toxin, the same stuff that causes deadly
paralysis in infections by the botulism germ, is a very useful drug
to treat intractable spasms anywhere in the body, such as
blepharospasm, where the patient cannot open his eyelids. It
permanently disables the muscle where it is injected, and you can
bet the dose is tiny. Cheers,
Joe

--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694