Dear M.Dawn-Thanks for your reply on list about what others think about
us using "go-karts" in Walmart. I remember the first time that I used
one in one of those huge grocery stores: I was humiliated & of course,
by myself. Around the frozen food aisle comes this guy that I used to
date...looking like a million bucks- healthy & gorgeous. Needless to
say, I was so embarrassed that I stuck my head in a freezer & nearly
frostbit my nose while he stood, taking what seemed like forever to make
his selection & leave. I musta been in there for a good 15 minutes!
Let's promise ourselves that we will no longer submit to our vanity or
pride when it comes to taking care of ourselves. The first time somebody
yelled at me for parking in handicapped, I was so stunned that I cried &
after the guy was gone I thought of a million things to say-most of them
expletive deleted! It's
happened 2 or 3 times since then. Now I ask the person to wait a minute
(5 actually) while I get myself out of the car & tell them that I have
Parkinson's. By
that time they are usually falling all over themselves being nice &
apologizing. I think they have learned a lesson. I have learned to not
get mad but to feel compassion for these try-to-do-gooders (altho, I
think I'd feel WAY better cussin' 'em out!) Patience is indeed a virtue!
Hang in there everyone. Little by lots (Ivan's golfing
experience-BRAVO), we'll let the world know!

--
---
Joan Snyder  (47/8) "Do or do not. There is no try."Yoda