the above subject, I have no
cure other than to describe my attempts to overcome the same annoying
affliction.

I was diagnosed with PD back in June of /96 with a slight tremor in my
left hand. Until Feb/97 I started a rigorous physiothereapy program.  I
then started using Sinemnt, 25/100 three times daily. The tremor in my
hand has almost disappeared and I am feeling fine with the exception of
the symptoms with the jaw which are getting worse.over the past year,
especially the shaking when I go to sleep at night.

A suggested approach by my neuro, in addition to masking the shaking by
using sugar-free candies and gum, was to look into an exercise program
to treat what are called TEMPOROMANDIBULAR JOINT ( TMJ ) problems. I can
mail a copy of the 6 exercises involved here. I should mention that the
shaking did not stop however but the improved flexibility in my face
muscles helped to improve my dour expression!

At the same time my neuro prescribed the use of sleeping pills which
helps to overcome the shaking at night.

Starting last week I am now using MIRAPEX ( 1 MG three times a day  ).
Albeit I am starting off with a smaller dosage and will report back on
October 15th, at which time I expect a reductiion in the shaking  I will
keep in touch on my progress. Hopefully in the meantime I will hear of
more positive feedback on how to overcome this situation which as Rose
has reported " can drive you crazy "

Ken   Clements     Ottawa CANADA  < [log in to unmask]