Dear Mark Steiner: For about a year, I took that nasty old Permax! It
was like doing speed for me-my husband called that time in our lives The
Graveyard Shift. When I got the kids to bed & hubby to bed-that's when I
became (da-da-da!): Compulso Writer! I wrote stories and letters and
essays to friends,
new & old, to everyone else who I could think of! Trouble was, that's
when my handwriting went in the toilet. After writing page after page of
unreadable stuff
(does anyone remember "The Shining"?), I would collapse just about
daybreak-only to zone out for a couple of hours; my kids had to see me
like that as they got themselves ready for school. I was totally useless
until I got that 4th permax in me-then the cycle began all over again. I
finally begged my Dr. to take me off them. Now I take Ambien (5mg. 1 at
bedtime; another if I wake up & can't get back to sleep) and I swear by
it. We had tried several different sleeping aids in the meantime and
when I finally tried Ambien, I nearly wept for joy. It gave me about 5
to 6 hours of sleep & the best part is: I got my dreams back. I had quit
dreaming & it surely affected my personality. This is my story-maybe it
can help you! See your doc & try to get off the permax-if you can. Sweet
dreams,

--
---
Joan Snyder  (47/8) "Do or do not. There is no try."Yoda