Hilary Blue said in part:

> Today's mail produced what I think is an encouragiing letter  from
> Tom'Davies.I shall pick out what I think are the salient points:
>
> "Thank you for writing to urge my  support for full funding of the
> Morris K Udall ...Act,....... You and your colleague, Mrs Anne Gill, are
> truly to be commended for the active roles you are taking  in garnering
> support for this momentous piece of legislation.
>
> "I was an original co-sponsor....I would support full funding in the FY
> 1999 appropriations process..."

 I'm encouraged when pwp get this type of response.  Still want to remind
list that there are 99 more senators and all the house representatives who
each have a vote for/against this bill.
Please don't think that a few positive responses means you don't need to
call your senator/rep. and remind him/her that full funding of the Udall
bill for parkinson's research is the way you want your congressperson to
vote.

> By the way, I've been invited to join the Northern Virginia Jewish
> Community Center's Congressional Forum - get to meet all the local
> congressmen, and help in their re-election campaigns, etc.  Sounds
> interesting.

Hilary, not only does this invitation sound interesting, meeting the "inner
circle" of people who actually are politically active in your area can be
important.  Did you see my post earlier this summer about asking myself to
a Republican Women's meeting in my town and after giving my letter to Sen.
Bond and a copy of my webring page and the letter to the editor from the
Republican Times to Bond's representative at the meeting, I was called the
next afternoon by Bond's DC
office and told of his support of Udall.

Jeanette Fuhr
47/10mo