---Just to let you know that sometimes you can beat city hall.  For all
those that have been following the Tasmar adventures downunder I'll recap-
The Government passed the drug for use but another group of "experts" called
The Pharmaceutical Advisory Board knocked it back for subsidy by the
pharmaceutical benefits scheme on the basis it was another enzyne  blocker
like Eldepryl(Deprynll), which was cheaper and already available. As we all
know they act entirely differently and can not be compared. They reviewed it
three times, giving it the thumbs down each time putting it out of the reach
of most patients($220 to $300 for a months supply).
I encouraged a letter writing campaign and finished up taking three
prominent neurologists to Canberra last week to explain to the health
ministers department the importance of the medication for some pd sufferers.
The letter writing(over 300 were received) a press campaign with two
prominent TV news shows picking up on it seemed to show the politicians we
meant business and last Friday the PBS reversed its decision.  Never say
never!
Peter Dawkins