In a message dated 9/8/98 7:25:55 PM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< I can personally testify that
 with medication, I live a very average live.  I don't advertise my having
 had ECT, just because of the ideas that live in the minds of others.
 Believe me, we are not living in the dark ages...unknown treatment should
 not be shunned because we are not familiar with it.

 Linda,

In reference to ECT:
As now available, this is a modern day procedure, which is safe and effective.
It certainly worked for me.  It does two things at once that most PWP find
useful.
1 removes the depression.
2 improves the PD
I think the first point can be stated with authority, the second is, as far as
I know, still anecdotal.

Regards,
WHH 55/19