The Udall bill has been passed by congress and signed by Bill Clinton, however
it has not been funded as yet.  We seem to have come to a compromise by adding
to the NIH budget which will give us the money that we couldn't get from the
bill.  This will be accomplished by the Appropriations bill coming up for a
vote in the Senate.  It then goes to the House for it's own version,
hopefully, the house will be happy with the Senate's version and just let it
go.  We will get much more that way.  This my understanding of most of it in
lay language.  The important thing is that you are seen on TV and that PD
costs the American economy 25 billion a year.  If we can find a cure within a
reasonable amount of time, it will save PWP's and the economy, it's a win-win
situation.  The American public will go for the idea of saving money and when
the baby boomers hit the PD scene, it will knock the socks off the economy
This is the shortened version.
Gerry Haines ([log in to unmask]