I posted a plea to have Parkies tune into home health concerns in the US.
This is a posting on my email about home health and what effect you all and
our national as well as local efforts have made with Congress. Voices were
heard and I thank you. Home care is too  important to lose!!!
Below  is the posting   FYI:

 Members of Congress from both the House and Senate came out to
pledge their support to fix the interim payment system before Congress
adjourns.  Joining Members of Congress were representatives from the
National Council of Senior Citizens, the American Federation of Home
Health Agencies, Home Care Association of America, patients and family
members affected by IPS, and the National Federation of Independent
Business.  Senior citizens joined home care advocates in the shadow of
the Capitol dome in a boisterous chant to "Save Home Care Now."

The national petition to repeal or reform IPS, launched earlier this
summer by NAHC, was delivered to Congress at the event.  Measuring over
two miles in length it was rolled out last week stretching from the US
Capitol past the Washington Monument to the Lincoln Memorial.  Today, it
was rolled out again and covered the front lawn of the Capitol.
Senators and Representatives held both ends of the petition as a sign of
unity to fix IPS now.

Representatives from national and regional media were present and heard
Members of Congress repeatedly express their outrage at what is
happening to patients and providers as a result of IPS.  Fired up by the
event a united home care community took to Congressional offices calling
for an end to IPS.  NAHC has already received calls from Congressional
offices who have pledged their support for the moratorium legislation
and have signed on as cosponsors.
  Many thanks to all of you  who did your part through phone calls and
faxes to Congressional offices