Hi William:  I am very curious about the Permax you take.  Did you or do you
have any side effects from the Permax?  If you do what are they?  Did you
start out on 4mg of Permax when first prescribed?  How do space them out
during the day/nite?  Is this the original meds that were prescribed when you
found out you had PD?
I am having a hard time with the Permax, I think.  Of course, it could always
be the combination of other meds.  I took 3mg Permax and 5 25/100 Sinemet
daily.  My legs/ankles/feet started swelling and refuse to quit.  They are a
red/blue color with the skin stretched so tight that it is shiny.  If you push
on the skin there is no give.  They are hot to the touch and sometimes I
cannot feel my toes.  The Doctor in Chicago (New) started reducing the Permax
by 1/2 a pill daily, then 2 - 1/2 pills daily, which is where I am now.  There
was some success with the first reduction, legs not so bad, but not back to
original.  With the second reduction there was minimal relief.  I have put in
a call to her assistant who will consult and return my call.   I did ask this
time if there is something besides Permax that I can take.  I am just having
more and more problems with Permax and don't want to continue like this.
Thanks your for help in advance William.
TTFN
Gina