Hi William:  I to have sleepless nights.  They have plagued me for many years
due to the Bipolar Manic Disorder.  I have taken Ambien 5mg for about 6 years
and noticed no bad side effects, with the exception of not many dreams.  You
take them, fall asleep, wake up, nothing in between.  Didn't feel groggy, but
felt like something was missing.  The script has been upped to 10mg now as
sleepwalking has been added.  I have trouble with 10mg as I feel it is
something to be worked out without adding another prescription.  A script was
upped to sleep again, and another script to stop seeing the "things" that have
decided to take up residence here.  There is a band or sorts playing music,
not offensive music so its not big deal to me.  It's the people that keep
running through the house.  Sometimes they sit by me and sometimes they move
around.  Hallucinations they are called, so one doc gave me a script to take
to help reduce the hallucinations but another doctor said "Do you know they
are Hallucinations"?  Yes, was the answer.  "Than if you know they are not
real why do you take this script"?  Apparently it has some side effects that
are not good.  Well, things have been somewhat out of control lately.  Can't
quite get a handle on all of it.
Thanks William for the wisdom.
TTFN
Gina