My statement was, and I was quoting from a Parkinson's
handbook; the average age at time of diagnosis in the United
States is now 57 years old. The handbook also stated that most
people would have had symptoms of PD for up to 10 years before
they were diagnosed.
I have never said there was any particular age for onset of PD. I
would think from the handbook's statements that if you added the
ages of the 20,000 people diagnosed this year and divided it by
20,000 you would come up with 57 or something very close to that.
Also, I believe that since the "average" age of  "diagnosis" is now
under 60, "early onset" PD is either on the rise, or the recognition
of it is on the rise.  If the later it is slow coming, in my opinion.

"don't forget how to laugh, and do it often"
http://members.tripod.com/~marling