------=_NextPart_000_0022_01BDDDC9.63532400

Dear Listmembers,
=20
    This is my third repost of my research project.  I've received =
almost 60 responses from the list.  A huge thanks goes out to all of you =
who helped!!  I've been asked by several people to repost my study every =
few weeks to alert any new members and anyone who missed the last posts, =
and I hope to get enough responses to do a significant statistical =
analysis on the data.  I would be very grateful to anyone who will help! =
=20
=20
        My name is Becky Potts.  I'm going into my junior year in =
highschool.  I'm interested in this list for a few reasons.  My grandpa =
was diagnosed with Parkinson's a few years ago, but just recently I have =
become interested in scientific research of nuerological diseases.  I =
researched Huntington's Disease in depth after doing a small project and =
becoming interested in HD.  I learned that any science project to be =
done would take 5 to 10 to 20 years and would not be a highschool =
project, so I decided to switch my view to
Parkinson's.  I did a little bit of research and discovered that it is =
not yet known for sure if  PD has a genetic link.  I thought that would =
be a great project for me to look into (especially considering that if =
there is a
link then I may eventually develop the disease!).  My idea is to simply =
gather enough information (case histories of relatives with PD) to do a =
statistical analysis on the genetic link.  I would be extremely grateful =
if you could help me with this project.  I've
gotten my data sheet figured out, so if I could ask a few questions it =
would be a great help.  (I need to have your permission to use this =
information in my study before I get into the fairs and symposia.  There =
are two main possible risks: 1. Emotional Stress to you at speaking of =
this family illness,  2. Because you are responding by e-mail the =
response may not be completely private or secure, but I will assure you =
that I won't use any names, addresses, or identifying characteristics in =
my final project.  Thanks!)  Ok, here goes:

1. PWP's name
2. PWP's location (city, state/province)
3. PWP's/your E-mail address
4. PWP's occupation
5. PWP's relatives with PD (if any) and the following info on them as =
well
as PWP
6. gender
7. Onset Age (first symptoms)
8. Diagnosis Age (when doctors diagnosed PD)
9. Age now
10. other illnesses PWPs have had
11. chemicals PWPs have been exposed to
12. other trauma PWPs have endured
13. Ethnicity of PWPs (certain Italian and Chinese families have had =
unusual clusters of PD, so Ethnic Background may be a factor)=20
14. Brief history of geopraphic locations PWPs have lived in  (if you've =
grown up in a pristine mountain valley or a huge smoggy city it could =
make a difference)

    I hope  it's not too hard to track it all down!!  I understand if =
you don't know all the info.  Thank you so much for helping!!

      Becky Potts
=20
P.S.  if anyone is interested the results of my project, I will be =
posting them on the list and will also send the whole thing (paper, =
graphs, charts, etc.) via snail mail to whoever asks.  Thanks again!=20

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01BDDDC9.63532400

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 =
HTML//EN"><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN"><!DOCTYPE HTML =
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000>Dear Listmembers,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This is my third repost of =
my=20
research project.&nbsp; I've received almost 60 responses from the =
list.&nbsp; A=20
huge thanks goes out to all of you who helped!!&nbsp; I've been asked by =
several=20
people to repost my study every few weeks to alert any new members and =
anyone=20
who missed the last posts, and I hope to get enough responses to do a=20
significant statistical analysis on the data.&nbsp; I would be very =
grateful to=20
anyone who will help!&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My =
name is=20
Becky Potts.&nbsp; I'm going into my junior year in highschool.&nbsp; =
I'm=20
interested in this list for a few reasons.&nbsp; My grandpa was =
diagnosed with=20
Parkinson's a few years ago, but just recently I have become interested =
in=20
scientific research of nuerological diseases.&nbsp; I researched =
Huntington's=20
Disease in depth after doing a small project and becoming interested in=20
HD.&nbsp; I learned that any science project to be done would take 5 to =
10 to 20=20
years and would not be a highschool project, so I decided to switch my =
view=20
to<BR>Parkinson's.&nbsp; I did a little bit of research and discovered =
that it=20
is not yet known for sure if&nbsp; PD has a genetic link.&nbsp; I =
thought that=20
would be a great project for me to look into (especially considering =
that if=20
there is a<BR>link then I may eventually develop the disease!).&nbsp; My =
idea is=20
to simply gather enough information (case histories of relatives with =
PD) to do=20
a statistical analysis on the genetic link.&nbsp; I would be extremely =
grateful=20
if you could help me with this project.&nbsp; I've<BR>gotten my data =
sheet=20
figured out, so if I could ask a few questions it would be a great =
help.&nbsp;=20
(I need to have your permission to use this information in my study =
before I get=20
into the fairs and symposia.&nbsp; There are two main possible risks: 1. =

Emotional Stress to you at speaking of this family illness,&nbsp; 2. =
Because you=20
are responding by e-mail the response may not be completely private or =
secure,=20
but I will assure you that I won't use any names, addresses, or =
identifying=20
characteristics in my final project.&nbsp; Thanks!)&nbsp; Ok, here=20
goes:<BR><BR>1. PWP's name<BR>2. PWP's location (city, =
state/province)<BR>3.=20
PWP's/your E-mail address<BR>4. PWP's occupation<BR>5. PWP's relatives =
with PD=20
(if any) and the following info on them as well<BR>as PWP<BR>6. =
gender<BR>7.=20
Onset Age (first symptoms)<BR>8. Diagnosis Age (when doctors diagnosed =
PD)<BR>9.=20
Age now<BR>10. other illnesses PWPs have had<BR>11. chemicals PWPs have =
been=20
exposed to<BR>12. other trauma PWPs have endured<BR>13. Ethnicity of =
PWPs=20
(certain Italian and Chinese families have had unusual clusters of PD, =
so Ethnic=20
Background may be a factor)</FONT>=20
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000>14. Brief history of geopraphic locations =
PWPs have=20
lived in&nbsp; (if you've grown up in a pristine mountain valley or a =
huge=20
smoggy city it could make a difference)<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I =
hope&nbsp;=20
it's not too hard to track it all down!!&nbsp; I understand if you don't =
know=20
all the info.&nbsp; Thank you so much for=20
helping!!<BR><BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT =
color=3D#000000>Becky=20
Potts</FONT></FONT><FONT color=3D#000000></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3D"">P.S.&nbsp; if anyone is interested =
the results=20
of my project, I will be posting them on the list and will also send the =
whole=20
thing (paper, graphs, charts, etc.) via snail mail to whoever =
asks.&nbsp; Thanks=20
again! <BR></FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01BDDDC9.63532400--