Dear Bernard,
This place seems quite terrific - if you're old.  And  that is not what
I am looking for because I am  not old. i am not that young either. I am
firmly ensconsed in that in between region that used to be called middle
aged. I dont want discos, and strange movies , but I'm not quite ready
for reruns of Johnny  Carson. Maybe I'll want to go on working ( i teach
piano)  and supermarket shopping, and theatre ...I am not averse to
older people. Most of my friends are a generation older than me.  That
is what happens when you have PD at my age.  But still, I prefer the
company of my  own kind, my own generation.
But I have to be realistic.  There w ill come a time when livimg alone
will not be appropriate for me, and assisted  living becomes the best
most viable option.So why cant we have a live-in care facility directed
at people my age?

If I exist, there are others out there like me.

Hilary Blue (40/1 6)