> From:          Charles Backstrom <[log in to unmask]>

> They are trying insulin that is sniffed instead dof shots. Sounds
> like a wondersful development

 Hi Charles
Sorry to disappoint you . The original news posting :-

> Frey's team also used nose drops to administer insulin growth factor
> 1, a treatment for strokes, and found similar results.
Is wrong  . It should read "  insulinlike growth factor 1 " not "
insulin growth factor 1 "
Insulin is used in the bodies burning of sugar and is a treatement
for diabetics .
Insulinlike growth factor 1 ( IGF-1 ) . Is a substance produced by
the liver in response to the the presense of human growth hormone .
This is part of the bodies natural regenerative process . IGF-1 is
used in stroke patients because it helps in the nerves growing new
connections. This restores some of the lost connections due to the
stroke . The brain is a wonderful dynamic ever changing  organ. I
believe that it can repair itself from the PD dysfunction . I have
heard anectodal evidence for human growth hormone curing PD .
I am at present trying to research this , but I am being considerably
hampered by the medical establishment who will not allow me access
human growth hormone . I have therefore had to try all these
supplements that people claim  boost the bodies natural human growth
hormone . I am giving them a try not because I think they will work
but because they might . They are all/nearly all scams  . My opinion of the
medical profession is a bunch of control freaks who in league with the
governments are restricting the fruit (drugs ) of medical science  From their
monopoly they get considerable financial reward  and status .Thus they
cannot admit their ignorance proved by their inability to cure PD as
this would destroy the justfication for their control .
    This news of this delivery system of drugs to the brain via the
nose was also written up in the magazine " New Scientist " .
 Here IGF-1 was replaced by NGF !!! . The article implied that
neural regeneration using IGF-1 injections was hampered by the in
ability of IGF-1 to cross the blood/brain barrier and that snorting
was a better method of delivery of IGF-1 to the brain . The article
seemed important to me for two reasons . Firstly the reason
 dopamine injections cannot be used to treat PD is because dopamine cannot cross
the blood/brain barrier . Snorting dopamine might work ( I have
strong doubts but at least it should be tried ) . Secondly IGF-1 neural
regeneration might work for PD (again this should be tried ) . The
article gave no clue as to why snorting was more effective at
by-passing blood/brain barrier . Without any theory it is impossible
to have any ideas of the limits of this drug delivery system except
by trying it .
IT might even work for insulin but this will have to be tried
This will have to be done under controlled conditions as getting the
insulin concentration wrong can have serious consequences  Unlike
L-dopa and most other PD medication . Contrary to any impresion that
I might have given I am a very cautious person  . I have never
expermented with any hard drugs and am only trying drugs very
cautiously because of my PD . But I am going to continue trying drugs
,before which I read all available information .
     peace
          Alastair     ( [log in to unmask] )