^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman         48/12         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine    Land of lighthouses       deg. F
      Up the steep, paved path came the lady in dark glasses, and her
handome strongman carrying a hugecamera with an oversized lens. " Hi, I'm
Barb from Channel 13," she said.
       My mind started racing with all of the points I wanted to make in
the interview.  Was my brand new, clean khaki cap positioned just right,
so that the "No Parkinson's" pin I had struggled to attach to the center
of the front of the cap was fully readable?  Was my smile consciously
enlarged at both the left and the right corners, so that my Parkinson's
mask would be at least somewhat erased?
       Did I listen very carefully to Barb's questions, answer them, and
meanwhile, get a mention of the Udall funding drama into at least one
answer? Would Young Parkinson's be my label, rather than Parkinson's?
Would I remember to explain that Parkinson's affects the entire body, not
just the voluntarily controlled muscles?
        And what about people less fortunate than me?  What about those
in nursing homes and wheelchairs? I leaned forward, showing energy and
connectedness to my Parkinson's community I care about.  I planted my
high-top, deep-grooved sneakers so that I would not fall forward or to
the side.
        The sun was so bright on this nearly cloudless day.