Dear Ken:  Knowing that I have terrible insomnia, I have searched high and low
for the Anchovy paste.  I keep things like opened jars of Cheez Whiz with no
tops (tops on the counter),  bowls of Rice Krispies on my dog, (need RK to
counter the voices I hear from Hallucinations, (i.e. Snap, Krackle & Pop),
Guest checks from various restaurants (locally of course) for my Peanut
Butter,  heard that milk and cookies help you sleep, not true I have eaten so
many cookies and am still awake and wired from the chocolate in the cookies.
Although, I have found that advice from meddling friends will make me nod
right off.  As you stated hot/warm baths can be dangerous to my health, as I
slip below the water line and sleep for a little while longer than planned.
How do you fix a prune for viewing?  As I have stated that Hallucination
people that live with me now are not real keen on food, or TV, or Baths, or
Drugs.
A quote I heard one time "If your loved one can't sleep, DRUG EM"!  I have
held true to that line for many years.
Now, if I could hear the music of a chairsaw, that may help but, falling
asleep as I do anymore (Power Naps-I call them that-no one questions me as I
fall asleep during a conversation-it's like a '90's thing.) it is a fright to
think that I could drop it on my dog, or the floor, or heaven forbid chop off
my legs or more.
Last evening I could not figure out which way my bed was facing.  I was trying
to go to bed to sleep, perchance to dream or sleep at best but I would go in
the bedroom, I started pulling covers, sheets, dogs off the bed and then tried
to find my way to my side of the bed.   What at mess, Darn Disease, Darn Meds,
Darn Cells.

So much for Anchovies - I don't even like them.  I'm somewhat partial to
Escargot.
So, if you are sleeping soundly, and something wakes you up, a thought, a
dream or a nightmare, think of me sitting on the couch, remote in one hand,
bowl of Rice Krispies in my lap.  A dog lapping up the milk and  a huge red
cat helping by dipping his paw in my bowl and licking off the milk on his
furry paw and I'm taking a Power Nap.
Sleep to you all.  Sominex never had a thing on me.
TTFN
Gina LOL