I Want . . .

I want:
A hamburger and fries from All Sports Inn at East Texas State
University.
A A&W root beer in an iced mug from an A&W drive in.
A chicken fried steak from Furr’s before they changed to "all you can
eat".
A pizza like you get from Pizza Hut delivery every seventh time. Hot,
with just a hint of sauce . . .
A good order of French fries. The first ones out after they clean the
fryer and put in new oil.
A pound of shrimp strait off the boat.
A red tail hawk flying over Valley Ranch in Texas.
A coyote chasing mice among the trees.
A cat sitting with me watching clouds.
The belief that, if I turn around slowly and carefully enough, I’ll see
the fairy behind the flower.
The feeling that if I swing high enough I can reach out and touch the
moon.
The feeling of running out in front of the crowd, knowing they will
never catch me.
The feeling of being able to pick up my feet and put them down a hundred
times and know I can keep on going.
To stand up during the national anthem.
To continue when others say it’s impossible.
To let my wife make pots.
To deliver a project on time and error free.
To maintain a Parkinsons channel on the undernet.
To not notice when my wife is being bitchy.
To snuggle in the morning.
To not remember the argument in the morning when I come home in the
afternoon.
To drive around hunting for rainbows.
To respond to "Sunset Alert!"
To be Uncle Marvin.
To remember the I cans out number the I can nots.

Marvin Giles