1.      Barbara Patterson
2.      Dundas, Ontario, Canada
4.      Secretary; List owner (volunteer); housewife, gardener (unpaid)
5.      One uncle
6.      Male
7.      Uncle - unknown; me - late 40's
8.      Uncle - unknown (but in 80's); me - 49
9.      Uncle - deceased; me - 55
10.     usual childhood diseases; toxemia with first & last pregnancies;
one bout of something (flu?) which caused stiff neck, sore back & sore
eyes and lasted a couple of weeks and was the first time I ever took an
antibiotic.
11.     nothing unusual..household cleaners; garden chemicals; also
standard 1940/1950's exposure to DDT
12.     Fractured skull (hit by baseball bat at age 5); broken finger;
broken toe (both due to falls in my 40's but pre-pd diagnosis);
tonsillectomy at 12.
13.     English, Irish, French & German.  My ancestors lived in Canada
since the 1700's. One was the first settler in Hamilton.
14.     Born, raised & still live in Dundas, Ontario, Canada....a valley
town next to Hamilton, Ontario, which is a steel manufacturing city.

Note:   The Parkinson list cannot be described as representative of the
average person with PD.  To be able to subscribe to the list, members
must be on the internet...have the ability to use a computer, the
financial ability to purchase a computer and pay for internet access.  I
think that list members are younger and better educated than the average
pwp.  I don't know if any of the national Parkinson's groups have done
any survey's of these types of statistics.  The World Health Organization
has some statistics on their web page (search World Health Parkinson's).
There are also statistics available about people who use the internet but
I'm not sure where to find them.  Perhaps other list members could give
you that information.

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing