Hi everyone!

I am discouraged, I had pinned my hopes of being able to get the Deep Brain
Stimulation STN before I hit the wheel chair level,  But time is running out
and I used

 a wheel chair for the first time (except for flying) to attend a concert.  I
decided unless I was willing to be a hermit, I was going to have to ask for
help.  It was hard to have someone push me around, but safe from freezing in a
crowd of people!  Having had PD for only nine years, it seems premature to be
in a wheel chair yet. Has anyone out there gotten to that stage so early?

Back to the DBS-- I think there is no use in hoping for FDA approval on this
procedure as the HMOs ,the drug companies, and Medicare are surely fighting it
because of the expense.  As far further research being needed, it has been
used in France for some time.  Why do we always have to prove again what some
other country has already proved?

I noticed my generic Sinemet was made in Jerusalem. What kind of approval did
that have.  How do we know our generic drugs are not made by some terrorist
country?  It sure would be an easy way to knock off a few people!

I hope I'm wrong in my cynicsm and that I haven't ran on too long. Just give
it some thought, I value the input of this group.

Thanks----
Ruth Clark 67/9