 Dear Ruth,

I know how discouraged you must be.  I have been to that point myself. I
know my DBS was VERY successful and that not everyone gets the best from
their surgery.  Look at it this way, soon, within a year it will be
accepted.  I didn't find out my insurance company had changed their mind
about paying for my surgery until 4 months after it was over.  It was a
little late then.  Hang in there.   You'll be able to throw that wheel
chair away.

>Hi everyone!
>

>I am discouraged, I had pinned my hopes of being able to get the Deep Brain
>Stimulation STN before I hit the wheel chair level,  But time is running out
>and I used
>
> a wheel chair for the first time (except for flying) to attend a concert.  I
>decided unless I was willing to be a hermit, I was going to have to ask for
>help.  It was hard to have someone push me around, but safe from freezing in a
>crowd of people!  Having had PD for only nine years, it seems premature to be
>in a wheel chair yet. Has anyone out there gotten to that stage so early?
>
>Back to the DBS-- I think there is no use in hoping for FDA approval on this
>procedure as the HMOs ,the drug companies, and Medicare are surely fighting it
>because of the expense.  As far further research being needed, it has been
>used in France for some time.  Why do we always have to prove again what some
>other country has already proved?
>
>I noticed my generic Sinemet was made in Jerusalem. What kind of approval did
>that have.  How do we know our generic drugs are not made by some terrorist
>country?  It sure would be an easy way to knock off a few people!
>
>I hope I'm wrong in my cynicsm and that I haven't ran on too long. Just give
>it some thought, I value the input of this group.
>
>Thanks----
>Ruth Clark 67/9

jjjane
http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/medical/palross/palross.htm