Ken Aidekman said in part:

> The Doctor Parkinson's 'Roots Rock' Remedy Romp
>
>         - is a benefit concert party that will be held at Irving Plaza in
> New York City on Friday, September18th.
>

> Details:
>         Proceeds will go to the Parkinson's Unity Walk for PD research.
>         The show is all-ages. Alcohol is served to those with wristbands
> who have shown a valid ID.
>                 (Chances are this won't be much of a problem with regular
> Digesters.)
>         Tickets are $25.  They are available through Ticketmaster and at
> the box office.
>         Irving Plaza is at 16th and Irving Place one block east of Union
Square.
>         The doctor's event T-shirts will be on sale for $12 (cheap)
>         E-mail me with questions or for more details.

I'll be e-mailing for the cheap shirt.....the more awareness of pd, the
better.

>> Here's the concept:  Appeal to a young crowd that may not ordinarily be
> attracted to the Parkinson's Unity Walk.  I see them and talk to them all
> over; sons, daughters, grandchildren, friends & relatives of PWPs who
would
> like to do something to help out but are not yet connected with a PD
> organization or specific charity and jump at the opportunity when it
> presents itself.  Let's get them to the good Doctor's party and while
> they're having a great time slip them with some info on the Walk and sign
> them up.  GOTCHA!.  Hey, they'll never know what hit them.   Of course
you
> know better already and you'll come for the terrific music as well as the
> cause.

What a clever way to allow younger persons who know and love their shaking,
slow movin', parkinson elder generation.  Good times along/w connecting
w/pd awareness and fund raising is the perfect combination.

> Doctor Parkinson says, "Come romp.  It's good fer ya."

Music and dancin' Sunday eve 9/13 at an Up With People Host Family and
guest Barn Dance event here in Trenton, MO had this pwp jiving and feeling
at least 10 years younger.  How about music as therapy for all that ails
ya?

> Visit the Parkinson's Unity Walk website:  www.parkinsonwalk.org

When you are all walking for PD on 9/27 just remember it's my b-day and Ken
A.'s is Mon. 9/28.  We'll be hoping that the walk is a huge success which
is what we both want for our presents...right, Ken A.?

Jeanette Fuhr 47/10mo