Dear Ivan,
I think it is probable that we are being warned mot to antagonise a true
friend(!). Not to go for the overkill.
However, I  have written to Senator Spektor myself  a couple of times,
and Emailed him - the last time last week, and have each time got a
polite, considerate reply - even if hed did (incorrectly() identify me
as one of his constituents. (My father-in-law knew him way back when,
when he did advocacy work for the Postal Workers Union)
Hilary Blue