I was going to send this by e-mail to Nancy, but thought that more of youse
guys would like to know a little about goat's milk:
Taste - when the does are kept in good clean conditions the milk is sweet
and many people can't tell it from cow's milk - they must be kept AWAY from
the bucks or the milk will pick up flavor from the buck - glands on the head
of the buck secrete an oil that is rank -  if you pet a buck on the head and
get some of the oil on your hand - there is no way to get it off except
wear it off.
Butterfat content - approximately same as cow's milk 3-5%  - is white -
makes excellent cream and butter.( we found a hand cranked separator to make
cream ) - will not rise to the  top -  is naturally homogenized -  forms a
fine curd in the stomach which is more easily digested ( ulcer patients use
a lot of goat's milk ).
Ice cream from goat's milk is terrific ( haven't had any in about 40 yrs -
but I'm drooling right now)
If you can find someone local that has milk to sell - take a look at the
place to satisfy yourself that the goats are clean - their quarters clean
and airy - plenty of outside space for exercise and grazing and see if they
have a permit to sell milk from the door. There is a dairy in Cal. that
ships pasteurized packaged milk to a lot of places in the West - it is very
good  I don't know about the East.
The price of fresh goat's milk will probably be 2 to 4 times the price of
cow's milk.
Have fun
Bob Anibal