Great answer Barb.
Brig worked 7 years with PD and as Safety Director in the trucking field, talk
about stress.  His macho image, especially in that field, would not let him
admit that he, each month, was having difficulty doing his job and admitting
that disease to his coworkers.  After so much stress etc., he gave up the
ghost, and left.  There almost, at that time, seemed to be a regression for
him.  This lasted about 6 months, I think it was worth it.  We had short term
disability for 12 weeks, then started the SSD fight.  That lasted years, no
winning.  Finally after exhausting all savings we had, that came through, with
the lawyer taking 1/4.  There really is not justice.  By the way, he ( lawyer)
wrote 2 letters, I did everything else.  Would we do it again, yes, slowing (I
know that never really happens) this thing down in any way is worth it!  By
the way, he was 53, when he quit.

Gerry([log in to unmask]