Ivan,
As one of Specter's constituents, I think I understand Bill's comments on not
contacting Sen. Specter.  My take on this is, Specter has been bombarded with
letters, phone calls, faxes, and everything available.  He is probably the
strongest supporter we have, and he knows this.  There is a time to shout and
a time to whisper.  Whispering is what I think Specter needs right now.  He is
also the most informed on the committee as well as the most influential,
considering his ranking.
We don't want to alienate one of our best supporters.
Just my opinion, no one else's.
Gerry