hi Elizabeth !
I am an avid shopper .  If the store does not have a fitting room, then tell the
salesperson u need the restroom to try on the garment otherwise  u can not
purchase it. The reason being it with PD or any illness- trying the item on at
home then bringing back is very fatiguing for both u and the person returning with
u to the store.A lso, it's difficult at times to find someone to bring u back in
due time to exchange the item..
As for stores with fitting rooms,  tell the salesperson u need assitance in trying
on the garment and going back on the sales floor for you to get a differnt size to
try on.
The shopping trip can be made might less stressful and tiresome if u call ahead to
see if they have what u need and to put the garment aside that u want to try on.
I find Store managers to be very accomodating to customers needs and requests.

Nancy [log in to unmask]