>I wonder why researchers check only brain tissue when dealing
>with PD and other neurological diseases.  Why don't they
>correlate their findings on brain tissue with tissue from other
>organs.......especially liver tissue?

They do sometimes. I remember seeing a presentation where they were talking
about Lewy bodies (the presence of which is a major indicator of PD) and
they said these often turned up in other organs.

As to why they only request *brain* donations rather than *whole body*, I
don't know. Maybe a representative of one of the Brain Banks is here.....

Simon
--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============