My father uses an electric mobility cart. His is a Rascal and he has had one
for years. Rascal scooters come in a wide variety of models, and in most cases
can be purchased through Medicare, Medicaid, Etc. When purchasing an E.M.C.
you need to take into consideration the patients needs, limitations, Etc....
for instance does the patient have use of both hands for steering control, or
does the patient need a joy stick, can the patient use a joy stick, what size
should we get, chair, short frame, standard frame, if the patient is tall you
may want an extended frame, if you plan on using the cart primarily in the
house you may want the chair, but then the patients feet aren't protected if
they run into something. As you can see there are a lot of things to consider
in this type of purchase. Rascal also sells lift equipment for their scooters
if the patient doesn't think that they could lift it themselves.
Above all, TAKE YOUR TIME consider all your options, the scooters cost almost
as much as a car do the same as you would with a car, TEST DRIVE IT.