At 09:34 PM 9/21/98 EDT, Mary Legan, you wrote:
>Just agreed to have my 88 yr. old relative live with me permanently.  Has PD,
>quite weak, incontinent, can't speak.  Is hospitalized & ready for discharge.
>Want to have garage made into nice apartment for him.  Any input as far as
>building plans and ideas for any aspect of it would be tremendously helpful !
>! ! !

The AARP (American Association of Retired Persons) has two pamphlets that
will be of help to you. One is entitled _The Do-Able Renewable Home: Making
your Home Fit Your Needs_ and the other is _Connestions for Independent
Living: Dont Move! Improve_.I don't have a phone number for the AARP but its
mailing address is: 601 E Street, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20049.

     Sid Roberts   68/3   <[log in to unmask] >     Youngstown, Ohio