Dear Helen,
I don't know about Ken, but I am Jewish. One of the things I was taught
as a child was that one does not take the name of the Lord in vain -
this was interpreted by the orthodox Jewish community I grew up in to
mean that in ordinary conversation you do  not use the full name of
G-d,  and when writing it unless  for some religious purpose, you do not
use the full name either, but use the form as Ken and I did
substituting a - for the o!